Tuesday, November 29, 2011

[Featured Item]: Peacock Feather Fascinator

Today's feature is a fascinator I made for a very lovely mother-of-the-bride this past September. Along with four other guests attending the same wedding, I had a consultation with her to discuss the headpiece she envisioned wearing to her daughter's wedding. 

Margaret totally fell in love with the mini teardrop shaped fascinator base. So from there, I had a jumping off point to work with. We established that she wanted to match the color of the headpiece to her dress - burgundy. Luckily, she had extra fabric from her dress that I took and used to cover the teardrop base.  When I started making the piece, I knew I wanted to use feathers and a button accent. I was delighted when I found a burgundy dyed peacock feather...I knew instantly I had to use it. I'm happy to say, Margaret loved the piece. 
Here it is for you all to see:

Image Credit: The above images were photographed by me with my Nikon D5100 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment